Thursday 10 May 2012

Cry of the Taniwha Chapter 16

WALT - Find the meaning of words.

1. Find the meaning of the following words: console / briefly / bombarded / edition / pendant
    Console:  A video console is a system you can put video games into like PlayStation.
    Briefly:  For a short period of time. e.g Briefly the party was a disaster.
    Bombarded:  Hit with a lot of something e.g The car was bombarded with gravel as it drove over the new    
    road.
    Edition:  A particular version of a product.e.g The special edition of the news paper is based on a missing  
    girl.
    Pendant:  A piece of jewellery that some women wear. e.g The woman had a lovely pendent.
2. Find where each word is used during the chapter and give the page number and paragraph number.
    Console:  Page 116 paragraph 1.
    Briefly:  Page 116 paragraph 3.
    Bombarded:  Page 116 paragraph 5
    Edition:  Page 117 paragraph 1
    Pendent:  Page 117 paragraph 2  

3. Wow me with an amazing sentence for each word.

    Playstation has released a new video game Console.
    I threw the ball to my friend and he Briefly held onto it.
    I decided to play dodge ball but as soon as I walked onto the court I was Bombarded with dodge balls. 
    The christmas Edition of the daily babbler news paper cam out today.
    The dog ate my mums new pendent and mum thought I ate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment